Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rider Pride...

Wow, 2 posts in two days, that normally doesn't happen. Ok, I remembered something that I was going to write about yesterday, but forgot to. I think its considered being a die-hard Rider Fan, when the day of the Labour Day Classic, I couldn't go to sleep until I got the last update from the game on my phone. Which was plugged in and charging on the other side of my room. I was in bed just laying there when I would hear the ring and get up, crawl out from under my mosquito net (which is a pain by the way), and walk across the room to check my text and see what was going on. I was quite tired the next morning but it was alright. And also the fact that the minute that I got onto the internet yesterday, the first 10 minutes of my time (I only had 1 hour) was spent reading about the game and watching highlites of it.

Oh, and I couldn't believe my eyes while riding in a taxi today. I glanced to the sidewalk and seen a Roughrider Grey Cup t-shirt that some local was wearing. It wasn't on a volunteer but someone who actually lives here. If I hadn't been in the middle of a taxi ride, I would've gotten out and taken a picture of the guy. I actually almost got out of my taxi to do it though. It was actually funny because when I first seen it I just looked away, then thought, wait, this is the other side of the world and that's a Rider shirt. So I looked again, I must have been staring at the guy, but he didn't notice it. I couldn't see what year it was, the shirt looked new, but I don't know from when it was.

Ok, back to the children's home. I forgot to update you guys on Anita, the little one with the injured hand. She got back to the children's home 8 days after she was admitted and although I haven't seen her hand with my eyes, I think its doing alot better. She will rest it on me, or the bench, or whatever she is sitting on/beside. Which she never did before. So hopefully that means its doing better.

Also, I have found out that the little girls at the orphanage are really bad at the whole fake crying thing. There are 2 of them that if they are not sitting on you, will "cry". But its kind of a give away when you can still see them smiling while "crying". They have done this for the past 4 days I've been at the childrens home. 

I'm still having a great time here. Although when trying to sleep last night the power went off. Which normally wouldn't be a bad thing, except that means that the fan went off and it was really hot in my room. But it came back on at somepoint during the night, so it worked out. And just as I typed that, the power went off in the internet cafe. But the computers are still on, just the lights and air conditioning went off.

Ok, that's about it for now. I'll be back at some point, don't ask when. If its not the weekend then Monday or Tuesday of next week. Although you might be lucky and I may post again this week. Who know...

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment