Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is this the real life...

"Is this just fantasy..."

Extra point if you can name the song, or know the next line...

Everyonce in a while I look up from the taxi, or from the ground when I'm walking and realize that this is exactly where I want to be. It is where I wanted to be for the past year. During my long drives to and from Melfort to work and back home, I would try to think of a way that I could get back here. Initially I had no idea how I was going to make that happen. But it all worked out in the end, and I can't help the grin on my face.

An update on Anita, the little girl with the injured hand. We went to the hospital on Monday to change her dressing and they seen that her hand was infected. So she is now admitted to the hospital. The nurse from the childrens home was going to go back to the hospital today or tomorrow and check up on her and I wanted to ask her how she was.

I had gone back to the boys house today to see if I recognized some of the boys from last year. I walked in and it seemed like every second boy I looked at I recognized. It was great to see how they've grown over the past year, and how much they can walk around now.


Picture time, to make up for less writing...






2 comments:

  1. Caught in a landslide. No escape from reality. Here is one for you. Think real hard now. "The whole universe was in a hot dense state...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "that nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started, wait... The earth began to cool, the autotrophs began to drool... etc" That was too easy.

    ReplyDelete