Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Awesome Weekend

So last time I said I'd probably stay home during the weekend, yeah, I didn't. I went down to just outside of Takoradi again, this time to a place called Green Turtle Lodge. Well, that's waht is was going to be. Until we got their at 9:30 on friday night and found out there was no room. So we went back down the road, which was really bad by the way, and went to Safari Beach. We got there at about 10 at night and they did have rooms, so we stayed there.

On Saturday morning we found out their was absolutly nobody else staying their, it was only the 4 of us that came. It was awesome. So Saturday was spent on the beach. Then at supper time we walked the 5-10 minute walk down the beach to the Green Turtle Lodge and had supper their because it was cheaper. Then sat on the beach and they had a bonfire. At about 9:30 we walked back to Safari Beach and slept.

We woke up and took a taxi to Takoradi and then caught a tro back to Kumasi. The tro-tro ride to Takoradi on Friday took 7 1/2 hours. Then one on Friday back to Kumasi took only 4 1/2 hours. Yeah, Friday wasn't that fun of trip and it took us nearly 12 hours in 1 tro and 2 different taxis. In between taxi rides is when it started pouring rain so we got a little soaked. But it was a fun weekend and I enjoyed lying in bed and watching the ocean through the open doors of the room. We didn't really want to come back.

That's about it. I only have 1 month left and I kinda don't want to leave. But I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment