Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Week

"It's been one week since you looked at me,
Threw your arms into the air
and said your crazy"
Extra points for knowing the song...

Ok. So it hasn't been one week since I left, but its been one week since I've been here thanks to the flight delays. I have a few pictures for here, hopefully they will show up


The sunset a couple of nights ago from the rooftop of the building next to our house. (still in our yard though)

The sunset another night.




Yeah, I had to make my room feel more like home, and now it does.

So, on the weekend I just stayed here in Kumasi and did not to much, went to the internet cafe on Saturday (as you can tell by my post) then went to the market on Sunday. It was a good weekend to rest. This next weekend a few of us are planning to go to the Cape Coast which I am definatly looking forward to.

Not much new at the Childrens Home, we had a new girl arrive, she's 2 years old and a cutie. I'm thinking I'll stay in the girls house.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my last post, but the drivers here are crazy, and you have to really pay attention when you are walking around becuase they can be coming from anywhere, how there aren't more car accidents here I'll never know.

When we came to the internet cafe today, I almost knew where I was going, because you have to walk through the market and up some streets, but if I had to I think I could find my way around. I'm definatly feeling more comfortable making my way around here.

But some of the stuff I'm missing back home...I can't believe the Flyers came back from 3-0 down to beat Boston. I figured something like this would happen, its the first time since 1975 I think when the Islanders did it, and I just happen to be out of the country and in Africa. And I'm really suprised the Habs beat the Pens.

Anyway, its not like you came here to read about things that you can read about anywhere else back home, so I'll stop talking about it now, but I had to ramble on about it somewhere, not that many people around here care about the Stanley Cup playoffs, but I do know one of them, the only other Canadian I've met so far.

That's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment