Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend on the Beach

So this weekend we went to Axim Beach, 2 hours away from Cape Coast. It was a relaxing weekend of not doing to much. We sat on the beach for lots of the weekend and watched some soccer. Yeah, that's right, I watched soccer. It was not to bad, but I don't think I can take to much of it. Ghana played Australia and tied 1-1, and they now sit at the top of their group.

I just realize I've been here for almost 1 1/2 months already. Wow, it has definatly flown by. Its weird, I miss home, but at the same time I don't want to leave. But I think I've figured out I couldn't live anywhere else but Saskatchewan. I definatly want to travel more, and even for a couple months like right now. But I don't think I could move anywhere else perminetly, I miss home to much.

At the same time as I miss home, its funny how quickly Kumasi has become like a second home. When I'm travelling for the weekend or even just out for the day, Kumasi and the house where I live is called home. When we came back from 4 day weekend last week to Mole, after the long day of travel, we arrived in Kumasi, and I could tell without looking at the signs that we were back in Kumasi. It just feels comfortable, and I can tell I'm definatly going to miss it.

Not much else right now, my camera battery died while uploading pictures/videos. I'll eventually get some up of the elephants in Mole and the other stuff, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment