Tuesday, September 1, 2015

'Cause I'm a Lowlife...*

Hey all! (Or like, the two people that read this). I figured I should update you all since I haven't in a few days. Well other than that Happy Birthday post to my dearest mother.
We are currently in Bruges, Belgium at the moment and I must thank all the people that recommended this city for us to go to as it is quickly becoming a favourite.  To get here we took a ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge. It was a 13 1/2 hour ride that was also overnight.  I wasn't sure if I could make the trip without getting seasick, but surprisingly I was perfectly fine which was nice. When we got off the ferry we had to get our passports stamped to get into Belgium. That actually took longer than I thought as the guy had some sort of an issue with Grant's passport and after about 5 minutes of talking with the other dude stamping the passports we were finally let in.  Well, it also took me giving the guy my phone to look at my confirmation email for the hostel we are currently staying in.  I'm not sure what the issue was, but it's kinda funny now that we have been let in and it's all good.
I don't think I posted about Edinburgh (sorry, that was a squirrel moment).  I quite like that city as well.  While we were there we ran across a festival of some sort.  There were a lot of buskers (street performers) all over the place.  We saw some really entertaining ones and I did catch some on video as well.  Our hostel for that Edinburgh was actually just a whole bunch of shipping containers put together which was a little different.   I knew that's basically what it was when I booked it but didn't bother to tell Grant as it was funnier that way.
Also, if you're wondering (you're might not be but I'm going to tell you anyway), I did through a little party for Grant's 18th birthday.  I bought a happy birthday banner, a cake, candles (not lit though, we were inside) and a present and card.  So that was fun, we spent his birthday in a small hostel in Hull watching Interstellar.
That's all I have for you now. I'm actually typing this Monday night, and once a connect to some WiFi I'll post it.
*The reason for the title is I didn't know what to title this blog as I'm not creative but I do recall a comment from my Dad o  a post from a couple of years ago saying something about titling a post "Cause I'm a Lowlife". So I'm naming it that just for him.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Took me a while to find that comment. Not sure why I put that in there. You must have been listening to it before you left.

    I did find the Toyota's and the two year old son comment on there. That was funny.

    ReplyDelete