Saturday, October 1, 2011

Homeward Bound

Hey all,

So after 1 bus ride, 3 plane rides and way too many hours spent sitting in airports I have finally made it back home. In the end I had been awake for 48 hours and had less than 4 hours of sleep during that time. Its nice to be back home and see everyone. Its too cold here though.

Although it is great to be back home, I miss Ghana already. The thought that was running through my mind as I was sitting in the airplane at the end of the runway in Accra getting ready to take off was "no, no, no, stop, stop, stop". I have found that you can't stop time as much as you want to. It took longer this time around for me to be excited about coming home. Last year as soon as I got to Accra I was excited about coming home, this time it wasn't until a lot later. But I'm still excited to be home.

I got to Accra at 6pm on Thursday night and my flight left at 8:50 pm. Thanks to possibly the slowest taxi driver in all of Ghana, I didn't get to the airport until after 7. I was worried about missing my flight. The taxi driver didn't understand how fast I needed to be at the airport. Finally I got there and got checked in and through security in no time and waited at my gate for probably an hour. When I got to Frankfurt I had over 8 hours to spend there. I actually fell asleep in the airport, which I wasn't going to do, but I was so tired that I couldn't stay awake at all.

The flight to Toronto wasn't too bad. I watched some movies and listened to some music. I got to Toronto and had a couple of hours there. It was raining and once we boarded the airplane it took forever for it to actually move. I actually fell asleep on the airplane before it took off, it was only for a few minutes though. I got to Saskatoon at 9:45pm and seen everyone again. It was awesome. My luggage all arrived which is always nice to see.

I don't know what else to tell you right now. I'll update this place again next week sometime. After I've been back home for a couple days. I'll have to make the rounds and see everyone and show off my pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are home and the pictures are wonderful.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete